With Christmas fast approaching, I hope you’ve gotten all your shopping and meal planning done! For those of you that haven’t, fear not, because here’s a quick and tasty recipe for your guests to snack on…to…um…distract them from realizing your forgot their gifts, or that your home is a mess. No…that’s not what I do…not at all…would you like another cheese straw??
Adapted from Joy The Baker
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 12 Minutes | Yields: 16 Servings
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry out to about 10×12 inches.
- In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce into the beaten egg and brush it on the surface of the pastry.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder thyme, salt and pepper and press lightly with a rolling pin to secure the toppings.
- With a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the puff pastry into 3/4-inch strips.
- If you have extra time, place pastry back into the fridge for about 15 minutes so that the next step is easier.
- Twirl each strip several times from both ends so it looks like a twist straw.
- Bake for 6 minutes and flip the straws over and bake for another 6 minutes or until golden brown, keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning. Cool before serving.